Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Watermelon pops

The whole family is outside washing the cars. Jaxon and I are in the garage listening to Pixies taking a break from the hot sun. He is dancing as he pops the bubbles I'm blowing at him. Wait...the heck is he eating?! A watermelon pop. It's awesome. It's hard to put down once you begin eating it.

My mother-in-law called the other day and was telling me how her friend sticks watermelon in the freezer and eats it on a hot summer day. I tried it and it was a huge hit! We can never eat an entire watermelon in this house to begin with so its a great way to utilize the fruit before it goes bad. I think this would be a great thing to pack in the cooler next time we go to the zoo.

This is what I did:
  • cut the watermelon in triangles
  • used a knife to make a small opening in the rind to insert a popsicle stick
  • stuck the plate of watermelon pops in freezer before I went to bed


No comments:

Post a Comment