Friday, March 2, 2012

Shrimp-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

I see seafood stuffed mushrooms all the time at the grocery store so I thought I would just make my own. I think I made these on Labor Day to test the recipe. Now when I make these, its the first dish to disappear. You can use any cheese you want, but we are big cream cheese people and I was trying to keep the recipe cost-effective.




Recipe:

  • 4 portobello mushroom caps
  • 1 lb of shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined 
  • 1 brick of softened cream cheese 
  • 2 TEASP grated parmesan cheese
  • 1-2 TEASP fresh dill chopped
  • 1-2 TEASP fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
  • 2 clove garlic minced
  • Black pepper to taste
  • 1/4 c Panko bread crumbs
Pre-heat oven to 400 (I have also done these on the grill).

In a medium-sized bowl I combine both cheeses, herbs, black pepper and garlic. I add my shrimp and combine well. Scoop as much of the filling as you can into each mushroom cap. Top with bread  crumbs and bake just until golden and bubbly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment