Sunday, January 23, 2011

Avacado smoothie

When I have avacados on hand I throw them in a smoothie for my kiddos - it's the only way they will eat them. This is what I put together:
1/2 c strawberry frozen yogurt (really just a fun factor for the kids they help scoop, steal tastes, etc.)
1/2 banana
1c frozen blueberries
1.5 teaspoon flaxseed oil
1/2 avacado
almond milk to thin

I use my Braun hand held blender to mix and it's finished.

I use the rest of the avacado for my grilled cheese. It's some kind of whole grain bread, avacado, tomato and a little bit of cheese. It's one of my favorite quick sandwiches to make for myself.
I bought the bread from Sam's club (free day for non members) and it's ok. It's covered with whole flaxseeds, Barley grits, etc.
There is no point in eating whole seeds unless you are chewing them enough to get all of the good stuff out for your body to absorb. And I'm always eating on the run so I doubt I'm chewing them down enough. This is why I prefer to use flaxseed oil or Tahini in my foods for added nutrition - its ready for my body absorb.

No comments:

Post a Comment