Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentine's Day Card Project



In December the boys and I made a bunch of holiday cards for a local nursing home. We had so much fun doing it that I thought, why not make Valentine Day cards? The project calls for paint and glue so it's a toddlers dream. It holds their attention quite well and I schedule this kind of project while my 16 month old is napping.
We made two different cards. For the first card, I took a pile of index cards and folded them lengthwise. I cut out half of a heart on the fold. So now I have a pile of hearts. The boys painted these hearts. I glued the painted hearts onto plain index cards. For the second card, I had the boys paint the entire front of index cards. I glued the cards that had the heart cut out of them onto the painted index cards. It's easy and no materials are wasted. I still haven't decided if we are going to send them to troops, a children's hospital or another nursing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment