Monday, June 13, 2011

Park project

I saw this idea, make a park passport, in Disney's Family Fun magazine and thought it was kinda cheesy. But then I reconsidered...it would add something new to our park outings. So we tried it today and the boys loved it!
Here is what we did:
  • I printed out a map and we used double sided tape to adhere it to a 4x8 card. Brant loves looking at maps and comes up with amazing stories about where he is traveling, etc. I almost recorded him talking today it was so darn cute. I think this was his favorite part of the project.
  • I had the boys decorate the cover for our "park book."
  • I printed out the pictures we took at the park and we pasted them onto an index card to make a "page" for our park book. 
  • Beneath the pictures on the card I wrote the name of the park and the date we went. Normally we talk about the month, etc. when we are doing our "daily planner" (see blog entry on 3/21/11). This was a good way to talk about dates, months, etc. in a different setting.
  • We talked about what their favorite part was about the visit (of course this was my favorite part). On the back of the park "page" I wrote down what they liked, etc. They also have their own names for parks ("Let's go to the red park, mom." "Let's go to the rock park.") and I document that as well.
  • I'm going to keep the pages together and when we run out of parks to visit I'm going to tie them all together. I'll keep you posted on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment