Saturday, November 19, 2011

Halloween Candy Leftover Ideas

I was cleaning out my recipe book cabinet and realized I still have some Halloween candy leftover. So here is what I did with it.

Idea #1
I bought the dry PB cookie dough mix because it was on sale for a $1 awhile back. It's easy for Jaxon and I to make together. Anyway I took the snack size Snickers bars I had left and cut them in half. I wrapped the PB cookie dough around the snickers. My neighbor made these for me last year and I LOVED them. I baked them in a mini muffin tin. I actually have no idea why I did this. I mean if I'm making cookies that I want to look professional I bake them in a muffin tin. They are the perfect thickness and shape. But the cookies were just for us so...not sure. I really liked the way they turned out though!


But if you invert it, it can look like this: A Pilgrim Hat for Thanksgiving
I piped frosting around the "cone" and stuck brown sprinkles on it. I had a bunch of Dots so I softened a yellow Dot in the microwave and flattened it. Then I cut it into a square. I'm sure there are better ways to make this hat with Laffy Taffy or Air Heads but this is all I had. 

I like dipping Kit Kat into peanut butter so I'm going to try wrapping the PB cookie dough around some Kit Kat. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Idea #2 Reese Pieces Chocolate cookies
The boys got a ton of Reese Pieces this year. So we made cookies out of them.

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened

  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar

  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 2 large eggs

  • 2 c reese pieces


  • PREHEAT oven to 350ยบ F.
    COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in Reese pieces. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

    BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are puffed and centers are set but still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely


    
    Idea #3
    I like to use Candy Corn for decoration around the house. One year I had a vase filled with candy corn and stuck flowers in it. This year Joy filled a candle holder with them.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment