Friday, November 30, 2012

Holiday Cheese Dip

This is a dip my mom used to make when we were growing up. It was a favorite then and I still crave it at family gatherings. The green and red specs make it nice for the holidays. SUPER easy, especially if you are in a pinch and need to quickly whip something together. 

In a bowl mix together a brick of softened cream cheese, 1/4 TEASP of garlic powder, 1/4 TEASP of onion powder, 1/4 TEASP freshly ground black pepper and start with 1/4c of chopped green pimento olives (you can always add but you can't take away). 

All of these ingredients should be adjusted to your taste. I never know the potency of my dried herbs/spices so I start off small.
You can always roll this into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap, refrigerate and coat the outside with your favorite nut. 
I have always eaten this with Triscuits but again serve with your favorite cracker. 



No comments:

Post a Comment