Sunday, November 4, 2012

Space Angry Bird Cake

My oldest turned 6 yesterday and I was a little sad about it. I mean happy he is a growing, healthy boy but a little blue that he is getting so big so quickly.
So I was thrilled when he said, "mom can you make me my Angry Bird birthday cake?"
Of course, love!


Thankfully he had an Angry Bird coloring book and with some wax paper I was able to trace the a picture right from the book.

First I did the black and stuck in the freezer:

Then I filled in the red frosting and stuck it back into the freezer. Took it out and filled in the yellow and so forth.


I had the whole frosted picture in the freezer for about 20 min and I thought it should have stayed in their longer but the kiddos were chomping at the bit for cake. I tried to peel off the wax paper and broke it in a few places. But thankfully no one could tell. 

Brant said he wanted all these layers in his cake: red, white, chocolate, white, chocolate and red. I talked him into just doing red and white layers. He also picked out this blue frosting at the store so I used it as trim. I'm not very good at decorating cakes but Brant was happy about his cake and that's all I cared about. 




No comments:

Post a Comment