Thursday, December 8, 2011

Book of good-doings as teacher gift

My friend Kara was telling us that her daughters' school sent home a note asking to donate to charity instead of buying a gift for the teacher. The letter included a list of items that would be helpful to shelters, etc.
So my first thought was to give a card and then inside say, $10 was donated on your behalf, blah, blah." I have been to baby showers, weddings, etc. where the family did that instead of a favor. But then I thought about putting this book together. It's not finished yet but in case some of you want to use the idea I thought I would blog about it.




Title: From Our Hearts To Yours
Inside page: I have this quote (which unfortunately I have no clue who the author is): "Christmas gift ideas: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect."
First Page: Dear TLC Staff,
Every day you give to my kids. So we decided to pay it forward and give to other children. We hoped to touch their lives as you have touched ours. The last month before break, Nov 13-Dec 15, we particpated in four charitible projects - all in your name! Here is our journey.

Then each page briefly outlines each project. I need to print the pictures out but it will have candid pictures of the boys and I completing each project.

My husband isn't crazy about the idea but if someone did charitble acts in my name, I would be touched. I'll let you kow how it goes over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment