Thursday, December 1, 2011

Paper ornament in honor of my dad

Today is 9 years that my dad passed away from cancer.
He played the accordian and the blues harp. I have some of his accordian music and decided to make an ornament out of it (paper ornaments out of Family Fun).



It's my kind of craft - paper, scissors and staples (some ribbon to hang the ornament).



ORNAMENT:
  • Cut two 12-inch strips, two 10-inch strips, and one 8 3/4-inch strip.
  • Line them up in this order: 12, 10, 8 3/4, 10, 12, with one set of ends even.
  • Staple this end.
  • Line up the other ends evenly (bending the outer strips as needed) and staple.
  • Use the completed shapes to dress up a window or spin in midair from a light fixture or a ribbon.
  • To hang each, knot the end of the gold cord and place it between the loose strips of paper at the top. Staple it all together.

I think this would be a cool thing to do with a picture your child colored or drew. It would be a nice gift for neighbors or grandparents. I was also thinking if this was done on a smaller scale you could glue it to cardstock and make a 3D holiday card.

No comments:

Post a Comment