These bars are easy to make and taste decadent. They would make a great summer dessert or birthday treat.
- I baked a box of brownies in a 9x13 pan and then cut the pan of brownies in half.
- I topped one half with softened vanilla ice cream and placed the other brownie half on top of the ice cream.
- I stuck it in the freezer until firm so it would be easier to cut (about 2 hours)
- I took them out and cut them into squares. I always stick my sharp knife under hot water for a few minutes before slicing. But how it cuts depends on the texture (crumbly, chewy, etc.) of your brownie so you have to go with it. At this time I also stuck a popsicle stick in the center of each brownie pop.
- I stuck them back into the freezer for another hour.
- I melted about 10-15 of my dark Dove Chocolate Promises and used my silicone basting brush to paint the bars with the melted chocolate. This is when I decorated them with Valentine's day goodies.
- I stuck them back in the freezer until we were ready to eat.