Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chocolate-Seed Flowers

My lil Mason will do anything for a chocolate chip.

I was in the middle of eating raw pumpkin seeds when he asked me for a treat. I said, "I'll give you some  chocolate chips if you eat it with these seeds."
To my surprise he agreed. To entice him a bit more I made little flowers on the table: 4 seeds to one chocolate chip. This way I could keep track at the number of seeds and chocolate chips he was consuming.

This is one of those things where, yes, the chocolate chip isn't the best thing for him but I'm willing to be flexible on it because the nutrients in those seeds are still going to do good once inside his body. If I can get this combo going and down the road add a dried fruit to make a trail mix, I would be thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment