Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween Dance Party

To kick off the weekend last Friday I told my cranky little boys that we were having a Halloween dance party. They kind of looked at me for a sec then dashed downstairs to grab two drums, a mic, keyboard and guitar. It changed their moods instantly.
When they came back upstairs I had all of the lights off except for our orange Halloween ones and of course turned on all of our jack-o-lanterns. I thought they would be a little scared but they were ready to rock.

Here was the music lineup that they picked out: Blur "Song 2" (three times in a row because they all took turns singing it), MGMT "Kids", Gotye "Somebody I used to know" and Peter Bjorn and John "Young Folks."
Since then we have had two more dance parties. They are fun and I love when my kids are taken by a song - watching their dance moves, their expressions...it's great.


No comments:

Post a Comment