Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Gingered Green Tea Soda

This is a refreshing recipe. I made it for my sister's baby shower and it was a huge hit. My sister in law, Cori, loves it as well. I didn't think I was going to like the lime in it but it's amazing with the fresh ginger.

The recipe is from Cuisine at Home - one of my fav cooking mags.
Ingreds:
1c water
1 2-inch knob fresh gingerroot, sliced
6 green tea bags
1c sugar (I only use 1/4c; I found 1 cup to be too sweet)
3c club soda (I use mineral water, whatever I have on hand)
4 lime wedges

Bring water and gingerroot to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Steep for at least 5 minutes. Remove and discard bags and gingerroot. Whisk sugar into until dissolved. Fill pitcher with ice, pour tea. Stir in mineral water/club soda.


No comments:

Post a Comment