Thursday, May 26, 2011

Good deal on produce today

My friend, Samantha, told me about a place in Dyer, IN called the Produce Depot.
When I go in there the smell reminds me of a produce stand my mom used to take us when we were little (off route 30 I think). I leave this place feeling excited about my purchase. It's half organic and half regular produce. I usually get a mixture. I like the ready-to-eat selection too - small but hearty.
Check out what I got today for $35:
  • Huge bag of cilantro
  • Huge bag of Italian parsley
  • Red Pepper
  • Yellow Pepper
  • Green Pepper
  • Shittake Mushrooms
  • 1lb Fingerle potatoes
  • 3 shallots
  • 4 limes
  • 1lb organic carrots
  • 5 lbs Idaho potatoes
  • Organic Lettuce
  • 3 avocados
  • Organic broccoli
  • 3lbs Organic Granny Smith apples
  • 1lb Michigan asparagus
  • 2 lemons
  • Fresh Gingerroot
  • 3 organic juice boxes (kept the kiddos quiet)
  • a bag of fresh torilla chips
  • Quart of lemon rice soup (For hubby's lunch)
  • pint of hot salsa (I like Dad's Roadhouse better but it will do for this weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment