Friday, May 20, 2011

Toddler Noodle project

I had a box of spagetti noodles that I had opened and then never used again. I thought they tasted gross. But instead of tossing it in the trash I put it in the boys' craft box.
While Brant was at school I thought Mason and I would have some one-on-one time and do a project together. Mason LOVES painting so that was our focus.
I grabbed a handful of noodles, cut them in half and glued them to a piece of construction paper. After it dried I had Mason paint it green. To make a flower, Mason painted a cupcake wrapper. As that was drying I had him paint a white piece of construction paper blue for a "sky." We also painted a ladybug.
Mason and I glued all of the "garden" components to a piece of cardboard and this is how it turned out.
This was the most excited I ever saw Mason get about a craft project. He was very proud of himself and talked about it for a couple of days... showing anyone that would look.


2 comments: