Friday, January 27, 2012

Easy Taco Casserole

If my husband had to choose between me and a casserole I'm not sure what his answer would be. Having said that, I try to change up the casseroles I make for him. Its quick to prepare and easy for the hubs to warm up while on the job.

 
Here is my version of Taco Casserole:

Ingredients:
  • 2lbs ground beef
  • 2 packets of your fav taco seasoning
  • 1 4oz can diced green chiles (or half a can of Rotel tomato and chiles - no juice)
  • 1 med-large onion chopped (I like to add a few green onions as well if I have them)
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic
  • 1/4c coursely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley or cilantro
  • 1 pack of flour torillas
  • 1-2 cans refried beans (depending on how much you like)
  • 12 oz of your favorite cheese shredded

 
Preheat oven to 350. In a skillet brown your beef. Drain half the liquid. Add onion, garlic, chiles, fresh herbs and taco seasonings. Combine well. In a deep, oven-proof bowl or round baking dish, put a little of taco mixture at the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with some cheese. Take a flour torilla and spread with refried beans (about 1/4c). Place in the dish bean side up. Top with another torilla - plain. No beans. Then go again with the taco mixture and repeat. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment