Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Grilled Peaches

On hot days like this I take full advantage of my gas grill. And we are not just grilling burgers either.

My famous meal from the grill is meatloaf. Just prepare as normal but wrap it tightly in foil. Stick it in a glass 8x8 pan (to catch juices) and set the temp to 350. Grill for about 45 min depending on how many pounds of ground beef you used (I usually take it out around 40-45 min and just let the meat cook in its own juices. I would say it sits on the counter for about 15-20 min before I even attempt to open up the foil). My sister-in-law who gags at mere sight of meatloaf, ate this version of meatloaf. It comes out extremely juicy.

Today I grilled the peaches we bought at the farm stand over the weekend. They sit on the grill for about 10 minutes. Not too long. I served it with homemade vanilla ice cream. It was amazing. I saw Bobby Flay grill peaches on the Foodnetwork about 5 years ago and now do it every peach season.



I also grilled stuffed mushrooms today.
Here is my favorite recipe - I get asked to make these by family and friends quite a bit. It's Giada De Laurentiis but I omit the mint leaves. Again I put these in a 8x8 glass pan and cook as directed over the grill. I have also made these mushrooms and added it to cooked pasta tossed in marinara sauce.

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Stir the bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, mint, salt and pepper, to taste, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to blend.
Drizzle a heavy large baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, to coat. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle remaining oil over the filling in each mushroom. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is heated through and golden on top, about 25 minutes. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment