Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Homemade charm necklace

Aunt Abbie is moving back to California! Booo! The boys and I made her a going away present - a charm necklace!!
We used Shrinky Dinks to make the charms (posted in July) but I had to make the hole bigger so I could string them onto a necklace. I used the supplied hole puncher and just punched it three or four times. It worked but the hole was still pretty small.
I went to Jo Ann Fabrics and found this necklace: Jewelry Designer, chain with "add-a-bead" easy clasp. I wanted more of a hemp look but I couldn't the charms to fit. Imagine all three boys with me in the jewelry section in addition to having NO jewelry-making knowledge this chain seemed like a perfect for me. I also wanted to add some beads but it was just too crazy. I'll just keep making these until I get it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment