Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Recipes from Meal Prep Day

I mentioned two dishes in my Meal Prep Day blog and I thought I would share the recipes.
The first one is so easy and great for using up leftover roast, pork, whatever!
It's From Foodnetwork's Robin Miller.

Pork Fried Rice

Ingredients

  • 4 teaspoons peanut oil, divided ( If I don't have peanut oil I use vegetable)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup chopped scallions
  • 1/2 cup carrots, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups leftover white rice
  • 1/4 cup black bean sauce (I never seem to have this on hand so I omit it)
  • 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, optional
  • 1 cup diced cooked pork
  • Salt and ground black pepper

Directions

Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until cooked through and scrambled. Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
To the same skillet over medium heat, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add scallions, carrots and garlic and saute 2 minutes. Add rice and pork; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add black bean sauce and stir to coat rice. If the black bean sauce is overly thick, add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Stir in cooked egg just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment