Thursday, April 7, 2011

Delivering shapes toddler activity

My kids love when the mail lady arrives so I was trying to think of something they could do to simulate delivering mail.
I wanted to go over shapes with Mason so I thought "delivering shapes" might be a fun way to assess what we need to work on.

This is what you will need:
  • construction paper
  • scissors
  • marker
  • small boxes to make "mailboxes" I didn't have any so I used paper lunch bags.
I cut three different shapes out of construction paper: triangle, circle and square. I put these shapes into a small box. Set aside. I drew each shape onto the front of a paper bag.

Then the boys took turns reaching into their "mailbag", picking out a shape and putting it in the coordinating "mailbox" (which is really a paper bag).

I really thought this activity was over Brant's head but he had a alot of fun. Today I'm going to do the three shapes in addition to a star, rectangle, and oval.

No comments:

Post a Comment