Monday, April 18, 2011

Where to donate Easter baskets

After any holiday I buy the 50%-70% items for the next year. Some for my kids but mostly for donating. Today Brant had his Easter party at pre-school and there is a TON of candy in our house...in addition to the candy I have left over from stuffing plastic eggs for Brant's party.
So I dug out my Easter baskets that I got on sale and made up two baskets. I made an infant basket (Aveeno lotion and wash, socks, formula, Earth's Best baby food, stuffed animal, sucker) and a toddler boy basket (fruits snacks, suckers, three match box cars, activity kit (color book, crayons, stickers), plastic eggs filled with candy, chocolate Easter Bunny).
I called my friend Kristina and asked if she needed them for her work. Kristina is a case manager for the Villages of Indiana, an organization dedicated to preventing child abuse, protecting kids in foster care among other things. They have an amazing website and below is an example of what you might find on it. http://www.villageskids.org/
I'm sure every state has a program like this and its a great place to offer donations.



Join us on Saturday, April 23 as we run and walk to raise money for Prevent Child Abuse Indiana, a division of The Villages. The Fun Run starts at Buggs Temple, downtown Indianapolis at 9:00 a.m. The entry fee is $20 for individuals and $40 for families; and commemorative water bottles will be available for $10 each.
For large groups who are interested in participating in this event, Team Entries are available. If you are interested in creating a team for the Matt Breman Memorial 5K Walk & Run please click here for more information. Prizes will be awarded to the largest team and the team who raises the most money.
Please join us as we honor Matt’s memory and raise critical funds for preventing child abuse and neglect.


Click here to register for the Matt Breman Memorial 5K Walk & Run to
End Child Abuse





No comments:

Post a Comment